Unauthorised building on your property

Sponsored Links
Have you been out and assessed the situation? Has there been discourse between the neighbours? Have you heard the neighbours side of the story?

Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Have you been out and assessed the situation? Has there been discourse between the neighbours? Have you heard the neighbours side of the story?

Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Have you?

You're the one casting assumptions and then talking as if they're fact. You talk about what is GOING to happen any yet you're so far off the mark it's laughable. I see from your comments that you really have no idea what you're talking about.

I understand that the entire information of the situation hasn't been fully disclosed but the OP originally sought advice on the situation and to see what options he had and what could happen next.

You, on the other hand, seem ignorantly confident that it's some sort of amazingly clever trick of the neighbor to win some personal vendetta and that us adults in the real world will support and applaud his unparalleled knowledge on land & property law as well as his almost unbelievable manipulation of the judiciary into bowing down and handing him the key to the city on a silver platter. A man of such talents I'd doubt he'd be scratching around for a few inches of garden land - there is plenty of it out there y'know, if you have the means to get it.

However, I understand that you're fully entitled to your own opinion and I'd ask others to consider your ramblings as just that.

It's no good getting all huffy. The neighbour clearly wants a fight because he thinks he can win it. The building is just a prop in his game. Get over it FFS. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It's no good getting all huffy. The neighbour clearly wants a fight because he thinks he can win it. The building is just a prop in his game. Get over it FFS. :rolleyes:

When you put it like that I agree with it - just not your extended version with the way the system works.

It's only a forum mate. We are only guessing. It would be pretty boring if we didn't speculate.

Update: went round to my mates at the weekend and there is some serious progression on this.

The neighbour still hasnt been home since the weekend that it all kicked off!

Skip and small Bobcat is onsite which suggests something is going on.

There is a serious gap at the bottom of the full brick gable end. This is the end that is on my mates property. It looks like where the paving slab has broken then it has sunk. Digging away under the slabs just shows soil and no compacted hardcore or concrete.

Estimations of the build price are off the scale but we have no real idea but the removal looks like it will be much cheaper :)

No further contact from anyone official.

You are playing his game mate. ;)

How is that? It appears that the outbuilding is coming down and when that is done the fence line will be reinstated. I cant see what other reason the skip and bobcat is there for as they cannot work on the building from my mates garden as he has formally given notice that access is prohibited.

The building has gone and so have all the slabs!

Havent seen it for myself but am told that the bobcat went to work at the end of last week and pulled the building down in less than a couple of hours. All put in a skip at the rear of the property and removed the next day.

When I spoke to my mate he said he hadnt spoken to his neighbour but had received a letter from him apologising for the 'misunderstanding'. I had to laugh cause I dont think there was any confusion at all - he built on my mates garden and after some serious adverse publicity then he had to pull it down.

My mate is replacing the fencing himself (unlikely his own labour as he is a lazy bugger - I know he is reading this!) :D but establishing the boundary is a necessary step.

And so the end of a chapter. Thanks to those that offered constructive comment and I hope it added some readable content to the forum. I think what it did prove is that just because someone embarks on a project which oversteps the boundaries then there is always some means of recourse. However it has to be said I dont think the building would have stood the test of time if it remained as it wasnt that well built although it looked smart on the face of it, the actual construction was lousy!

plot twist...while he was doing all that the neighbour has moved into your mates house and it now squatting there.

The worrying part is that my mates hasnt seen him since the day after this all kicked off.

His daughter came to pick up some clothes and said that he didnt feel 'safe' staying there. it has to be said that the only contact my mate had with him was the day he got back after a few weeks away and that was to ask him what was going on.

If he moves back in is up to him!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back