Which Type of Garage Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting an extension built and need a double garage door, I was tempted to go for a insulated roller garage door, but speaking to a few people, theres have big gaps in the top, meaning there not tight fitting and allow a lot of draught in..

Is there a way to prevent this, or another style door thats better at keeping a warm garage?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Garages are not generally heated spaces so garage doors etc are not usually thermally efficient.

There are limits as to what you can do to make a garage door more efficient before it becomes restrictive. Whilst you can diligently exclude draughts as bet you can, most doors will leak heat like a sieve when it is particularly cold.

A secondary set of doors, opening in mebbe if you have the space....?

Are the insulated roller garage doors poor at insulating too?

I think my main concern is the large gaps left with roller doors near the soffits..

Sponsored Links
i filled most of the gap left with some upvc fascia board, you could probably find a draught excluder type brush to go on this too if its an issue. There is a decent rubber seal on the bottom of the door to floor contact too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back