Wickes bricks and blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pricing up some materials for an extension and Wickes always seem to come out cheaper for facing bricks and blocks.

Fer example, Wickes aerated blocks are 100 for £95 yet from other building suppliers they come in at around £114. Are Wickes blocks branded (thermalite, Celcon etc?)? Even on Ebay, where I would expect them to be cheaper, brand new they come in more expensive.

The same for facing bricks, around 63p each (if bought by the pallet) at Wickes yet £1 each from other suppliers...huge difference.

Is there any difference in quality between Wickes products and other suppliers or do the other suppliers normally offer discounts to know builders?

Many Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Quality won't be an issue - they are all quality to controlled to meet certain regs.

Its hard to comment on the bricks because they vary wildly depending on your choice of brick, but at £9.50 per sq meter for blocks that still seems quite expensive.

I pay about £7 and £6.50 on big loads, even as a DIY'er I would expect you to get closer to these figures (maybe not the bigger loads), blocks are usually seen as a bit of a loss leader to drag you through the door....

They are the same bricks and blocks which the other places sell

Thanks guys. I've been trying to find the u-value of their blocks with no luck.

Anyone got any reccomendations to cheaper suppliers. Even the online suppliees are more expensive. Im in Swindon.

Thanks James

Sponsored Links
Have you negotiated at a builders merchants? Never pay the advertised price for quantities

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back