Advice on painting lounge with grey paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

this is my first post so go easy on me!

I have bought a period house (1920) and want to paint the room grey. It's north facing so I have chosen wisely the shading however, what do people recommend to do with the ceiling?

Should it be painted in grey the same as the walls or should I paint this in white?

The room is going to have spot lights from the ceiling.

Any thoughts please!

Sponsored Links
Ceiling, cornice, area below cornice and above picture rail and picture rail should all be white in my period opinion!

But ultimately, it's your house so do whatever you like...

I would go white in the old days it would have been white distemper on the ceiling.

Chances are with downlighters the ceiling will be quite dark anyway as no light will be thrown on to it.

Are you going for cream and green in the kitchen or scullery' with dark stained paintwork and brown lincrusta up the stairs?

Or how about painting it "50 shades of grey" with a few interesting conversation pieces hung on the walls :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
As a person who has just got his feet wet in web design I have to say that the best grey colour for me is #e8e8e8 : )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back