Are any British brushes as good as Purdy's?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was on here the other day and was recomended Purdy brushes. Ive ordered a box set off screwfix to see if they are as good as some make out. Only just realised they are made in the US. I have no problem with this at all just surprised with history in the UK that you pro decorators cant find a quality product over here.

Is there anything from the UK as good as Purdy?

Probably Hamilton etc are made in China anyway, is anything made in the UK actually made in the UK these days!

Sponsored Links
Harris paint brushes are still made in the Midlands as far as I know. I have a few of their brushes but tend to use them for my oil paint jobs.
I like the Purdys and the fillaments seem to hold the shape well, more so if you are using them all day long. A lot of the cheaper brushes tend to go out of shape after using them for a couple of hours.

I also have what I can only recall as being a budget range of paint brushes that have been lovely to use and easy to clean. Also had el-very-cheepo to use on black gutters with bitumastic paint and then ditched them after using.

One very nice brush I had from a show many years ago came from New Zealand, first angled brush I ever used, a bit bald now but gets a look in now and again. :LOL:

Although some of the american brushes are in a league of there own some of the harris T-class brushes are really good for the money and they're British family owned still if i'm correct!! Worth checking out, although i do hear they some of British companies (Harris in particular) are working on the next step in brush technology so it might not belong before we have something better than the yanks, watch this space!!!

i'm a big advocate of buying British as in the long run it helps us all and think we should encourage it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back