Craig and Rose Acrylic Eggshell - ok for bathroom/kitchen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the subject, wife has seen a colour she likes in C&R paint, and I'm wondering if the Eggshell version of their paint holds up ok in a Bathroom/Kitchen environment? Are there any good matt paints that work in these areas too? Not a huge fan of eggshell finish.

Thanks, Simon

Sponsored Links
c & r eggshell is an ok finish for kitchen and bathroom, as an alternative you could try the dulux Diamond paint as these have a better quality finish than normal and you could get away with using a matt finish.
Best to stay away from any el-cheapo matt paint as they will not hold up to prolonged use in damp conditions.

That said, if you have a nice big bathroom or kitchen with plenty of vents etc that will help a lot, the only problem will be if you splatter the walls with crap around surfaces, sinks and cookers, it ain't gonner last long if its not good paint!! If in doubt, stick to eggshell.

Thanks greymouse. It's a fairly big bathroom - 4m x 3m and is vented as part of a whole house mechanical heat recovery ventilation system, with a humidistat to boost ventilation as required. Although we've only recently moved in, I don't think there are any damp issues. I'll check out the Dulux paint too, though I think the colour decision has been made by the good lady! Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back