Dulux once satinwood one coat brill white

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi has anybody used this paint before , i'm looking for a 1 coat option , I know a undercoat , then a couple of top coats are best practice but customers budget wont stretch to 2 coats for 7 doors and frames , h/s/l woodwork, just wondered what you guys use for a 1 coat option ?

Sponsored Links
Crown non drip satin covers well. The dulux satinwood does give a nice finish but will require 2 coats.

What is on the door at the moment?

If the customer cannot afford the best paint for the job, how can he afford to employ you? The cost of the paint is a fraction of the overall cost of paying a decorator. Unless you are working for peanuts...

If the customer cannot afford the best paint for the job, how can he afford to employ you? The cost of the paint is a fraction of the overall cost of paying a decorator. Unless you are working for peanuts...
less coats equals less labour costs. That's what I was taught anyway.

Sponsored Links

Reputation is the all important factor in employing a decorator, cutting back on materials may help the price for the customer,
but they will forget that when it comes to seeing a"P*ss poor"job that dosent last , because of lack of proper materials.
Reputation goes before everything.

Reputation is the all important factor in employing a decorator, cutting back on materials may help the price for the customer,
but they will forget that when it comes to seeing a"P*ss poor"job that dosent last , because of lack of proper materials.
Reputation goes before everything.
I agree. I have never come across a 'one coat' product which is as good as it claims to be.

And it's fewer coats, not less... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back