Dulux Satinwood :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been using Dulux satinwood for years and always liked the finish and appearance it gave.

I've just painted the skirting and doors etc with a new tin of Satinwood and I'm less than pleased with the results, it's very shiny and I can't imagine it's going to lose much of that gloss anytime soon.

Having googled satinwood it seems this is a common problem and more annoyingly there are a few reports of the satinwood yellowing badly in a short space of time.

The question is, do I give it another coat tommorrow and hope the shine does fade and it stays white or should I go and buy something else?
And if I buy somethiing else whar should I get? Is Crown satin the same?I did use some Wickes acyrlic eggshell a few years ago wich seemed ok, but having looked on there website I'm not sure I could see it on there.

Any way, if anyone has any thoughts please share them!

Sponsored Links
Since 2010 all oil based based paints suffer premature discolouration, and the Dulux range is perhaps the worst. With regard to the sheen that will lay back and offer a satin look, and if the room is subject to a adequate amount of natural light, premature yellowing can often be vastly delayed. My advice at present would be not to apply another coat but wait and see how it pans out, if you do have a concern with regard to premature yellowing then the finest system would be Crown Solo. Yet give your present system a little time before you go spending your cash, and if there is a need to apply a different paint post back for advice on prep.

Dec

Hi Dec,

Thanks for the info, i wish I'd known about the paint change before.

So if I do decide to paint over with Crown Solo, what do I need to do first?

Adam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back