Dulux Trade Diamond Matt Light & Space Absolute White 5L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This morning I went to my local paint supplier and I was offered Dulux Trade Diamond Matt Light & Space Absolute White 5L paint for £90.00?

I have never wasted my hard earned money on Dulux paint products before. The sales person stated that the 5L paint would cover a total of 80SQM. I have looked at the Dulux data sheet to confirm it: "Practical Coverage A guide to the practical coverage which can be achieved under normal conditions is up to 16m2 / litre."

Are the stated figures correct or are they bending the truth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rYK7QaEk1A&feature=plcp

The paint does seem expensive but is it worth it. I have found I can buy it cheaper online. Has anyone ever had the pleasure of using it and what are the benefits and disadvantages?

Sponsored Links
Coverage of paints will depend on the porousity of the substrate, 16m2 is around the general mark of most paints. Personally i find the more important things to look at on data sheets is the dry film thickness and the solids content.

At £18per litre i think its expensive because it puts you in the same territory as little green, F&B and paint and paper library which i think are all excellent paints, the little green eggshell is brilliant.

I havn't used the light and space and personally i doubt it makes a very noticeable difference, the home in the clip is designed (over designed if its grand designs) with natural and artificial light very much in mind along with spaces. Your average semi in Rotherham aint gonna benefit much and besides that i wouldn't pay £18 pl for any Dulux product, they're simply not good enough when compared against some of the other manufacturers. It all has a whiff of male cow poo!

We recently used dulux diamond emulsion to paint our bedroom. We got it free from Dulux as compo for our white gloss going yellow. Like you I was astounded at the price i should have paid if it wasn't free. However it's the best paint i've ever used. I expected to use around 2 five litre tins for the room but only used half of one. Granted i wasn't changing the colour tho. Apparently it's scrubbable and long lasting. It was great to cut in, and showed no brush or roller marks anywhere. I'm almost a convert because if i only need to do half the work, and it lasts twice as long then it's worth 4 times the price, if you know what i mean.

Ask me again in a couple of years and i'll tell you how it lasted. Lol.

Sponsored Links
Yeah but thats diamond matt not light and space, different product!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back