Dulux Trade High Gloss -bad batch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In August I bought a 2.5L can of Dulux Trade High Gloss from B&Q. It didn’t look right in the can but I made the big mistake of applying it anyway to several internal doors and windowsills. I am now having to repaint all the doors and sills as they are yellowing badly.

I have enclosed a photo of a door that I started to repaint yesterday so you can see the difference. Anyone got any idea what has happened to this tin of new paint?

Sponsored Links
All Dulux oil based paints are known to yellow quickly, if you suspect that the paint was in anyway faulty you should return it.

Dec

From memory, Dulux admitted that there was a big problem with the trade gloss some time ago and released improved mixes with a blue lid.

That said there are those who suggest that the problem has gotten even worse with the blue lid.

Why do you think it was faulty? Are you referring to the brown oil on the top? If so, that it normal and just needs to be stired in.

Opps makes a very good point here, seeing as often when paint is stored the binder, pigment, and solvent tend to separate it could at first glance be assumed that the paint appears faulty.

Dec

Sponsored Links
Why do you think it was faulty? Are you referring to the brown oil on the top? If so, that it normal and just needs to be stired in.

If you take a look at the photo do you think that three month old white gloss should be yellow?

Have experienced that very yellow colour in 2010 with some (non-drip) Dulux white gloss in a bathroom without windows.

I avoid Dulux gloss like the plague so have hardly used their product in ages. Is Johnstones any better on the yellowing issue? If not, I'll be getting phone calls over the next few months.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back