Dulux trade paint drying time to final colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How long does it take for dulux trade mid sheen vinyl silk emulsion to dry to its final colou?I ask this question as last week i painted the front half of the lounge with this paint in magnolia,today i painted the other half from a a new tub of paint,after 12 hours todays coat from the new tin is a darker shade than last weeks paint,does this just require more drying time or is it a case the shades from 2 tins wont match each other??

Sponsored Links
If you have both tins check the batch numbers (usually on the lid). If they are different, that is more than likely to be the cause as the difference in shading between batches can be considerable.

Emulsions usually dry to their final colour in less than twelve hours unless conditions are fairly cold.

Batch numbers match up,will see what its like in morning,luckily theres enough left in this tin to re-coat the other room,would of thought expensive paint like this would of been a better match between different cans though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back