Emulsion for a kitchen. Should i use Trade paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to buy white matt emulsion to paint my kitchen. Should I buy trade paint I.e. is it better or is it too difficult for an amateur to use? Does anyone have any recommendations, I would sooner pay the extra and have good quality.

Thanks
Darren

Sponsored Links
Trade paints tend to have better coverage they can be thinned if required which some decorators like to do (always seems pointless to me though, if you want thin paint buy DIY it's cheaper) it often has deeper colour or whiteness they tend to stint a bit on pigments in DIY products.

It is dearer but I always feel it is worth it in particular if the customer wants a colour you can run around endless places to find a tin, while the local trade outlet can mix any colour, in any finish you want in no time!

Try,

http://dulux.trade-decorating.co.uk/products/info/dulux_trade_diamond_matt.jsp

Many thanks. I was thinking of using Leyland 10l trade matt white emulsion. Any idea if it's any good?

I was then planning on a dedicated kitchen paint for the walls above the worktops?

I have not used Leyland paints myself you tend to find what works for you and stick with it in my case Dulux ;)

Dedicated kitchen paint from a maker will be more durable because it is usually silk rather than matt, depends on how keen on matt you are.

Sponsored Links
Dulux Diamond Matt is good for kitchens - very slightly shiny but a lot more durable than emulsion. It can take the occasional wash.

We thin trade paints to ease flow, its a bit thick so thinning aids release off the brush and roller sleeve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back