Filled cracks showing through paint - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Still on my spare bedroom decoration and I had a number of cracks and holes to fill before painting.

I used polyfilla on the holes and poly cell brush on liquid hairline crack filler for the cracks.

As you can see from the pictures despite hours of sanding a bump through the paint and a line is clearly visible. This is after sanding and two coats of paint. Any ideas as to how to improve the finish?

Many thanks in advance

Lucy :)

Sponsored Links
rather than sanding, I recommend using a broad metal scraper, preferably before the filler is fully hard. It is quicker and less dusty. It helps you flatten the filler so that it is flush with the wall.

Sadly your probably going to have to rub it down and start again.
Its better to use a filling knife and a mixable filler i find so that you can mix it a bit wetter, you can then push it in the crack and skim over with the knife.
Always better to take a few attempts with light filling rather than one big blob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back