Fresh plaster and Acrylic Eggshell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
The Dulux matt is suitable for diluting to mist coat with but it is an expensive product to use for that purpose. The standard paint for misting is a white contract matt, diluted with around 20% water. It's much cheaper and is breathable to allow any moisture still in the plaster to continue drying out. Once you are satisfied that it's dry, you can then use the acrylic eggshell as the finish coat(s).

The Dulux matt is suitable for diluting to mist coat with but it is an expensive product to use for that purpose. The standard paint for misting is a white contract matt, diluted with around 20% water. It's much cheaper and is breathable to allow any moisture still in the plaster to continue drying out. Once you are satisfied that it's dry, you can then use the acrylic eggshell as the finish coat(s).

Great. It is what I have left over from my front room. It's just i was advised at SDM against using Dulux matt due to it having vinyl in it (I think he may of been confused with Vinyl Matt).

I wasn't sure if this did, but the above is the exact matt I have already.

Even vinyl matt can be used to mist coat with, provided it is thinned and the plaster is dry, but it is usually avoided because the vinyl will seal any remaining moisture from the plaster beneath the paint film which could lead to issues later on. Basically, you need to ensure the plaster is fully dried out before applying any kind of paint containing vinyl.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back