Is Dulux Pure Brilliant White Matt Emulsion 7.5L vinyl based

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a tub of Dulux Pure Brilliant White Matt Emulsion 7.5L
from B&Q. Although I can see no reference to it being vinyl based I wanted to double check as I am going to use it to mist coat and then paint newly skimmed walls and ceiling and know, thanks to this forum, that using a vinyl based paint for this is a big no no.

Thanks,

Matt

Sponsored Links
It will be a vinyl but there's nothing wrong with mist coating a skim with a vinyl based paint as long as its thoroughly dry. Problems occur when the wall has been bonded as well as skimmed, as drying is slower and may appear dry when there is still some high moisture content a non vinyl allows it to escape. It is an absolute and complete fallacy about using non vinyls as a mist coat on skim, i only use contract cos its cheaper and keep a bucket on the van.

Thanks for the advice. As I worked out that I would probably need more paint anyway I went and bought some contract Matt for the mist and undercoat and it seems to have come out ok. I was a little worried about the patchiness after the first coat of proper emulsion but the second evened everything out nicley.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back