Making good missing area of paint on ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI to all
When painting my kitchen ceiling with emulsion, a patch of paint peeled away. I waited for things to dry then scraped away any other loose paint around the area(now about 250x250mm) and bonded it with an oil based primer. I was using a thick emulsion and was hoping that it would cover and blend in the missing paint but the patch is still visible :( Does anyone know how to get over this without having to strip off all the paint to the same level.
Any advice/help gratefully received, thanks.

Sponsored Links
When this happens it is an indication that the underlying paint system has failed to bond with the surface/substrate, and there could be a number of factors of which could be involved. At this time a pic could prove useful, the application of a thick coat of paint will only highlight the problem.

If your problem at present is confined to one single area you should try sanding back the area to try and achieve a uniform finish yet if this alone proves to be difficult you will need to face fill and then lightly sand.

Dec

Thanks for the reply The Dec. I gave the edges of the offending patch a good scrape and removed all of the paint that was going to come off without resulting to more extreme measures. The paint around the edge appears sound so it's just a case of how to achieve the "cosmetic" finish.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back