Most robust paint for communal areas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What is the best type of paint for communal areas in a block of flat.

We get some marks due to people moving in/out, deliveries etc.

I am considering using Dulux Trade Diamond in a mid-grey colour to keep the walls nicer for longer, but is there anything better on the market?

The price of paint is only about 5% of the price of redecoration, so might as well buy the best type: wipeable, easy to touch-up, matt etc.

Thanks,
T.

Sponsored Links
Dulux Diamond is good paint but it is not quite so good if it requires touching up which it will if any stubbon marks require scrubbing very much.

Dulux Quick drying eggshell might be a bit more robust it has a slight sheen but not too glossy, good for bathrooms, kitchen etc as it is hard wearing.

Masonry paint is very durable, and is easy to apply.

There is a small range of standard colours but others can be mixed to order.

Sponsored Links
many common closes I have seen (in Scotland) have a paint effect I can only describe as 'paint with worms in'

i.e. a base colour and 2 or 3 other colours on top

As it's not a flat colour touching-up and small chips are less apparent. It does look a bit 'institutional' though.

I don't know what it's called.

Consider whether fire retardent paint is required.

I think the multi colour finish is a similar procedure to Tyrolean render, done with a Flicker tool.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back