Painting a bathroom ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a bathroom ceiling that I just stripped of wallpaper (it was built in the 60's), so I have a few uneven patches and a few holes to fill, once I have done these, I would like to use a textured paint but cannot see anything on the market specifically for bathrooms or areas of high moisture (wet-rooms etc).

Could I simply apply the textured paint and THEN apply the coat of bathroom ceiling paint?

I guess it is the bathroom paint that seals the paintwork and repels the moisture?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Any ideas on a STRONG fungicidal paint for bathrooms? Ours turns into a mushroom farm in a few months!!

Dulux Trade Mouldshield is regarded as one of the best by many on here but, as ever, the source of the mould must be sorted first. With bathrooms, etc, it is usually condensation that causes mould and ventilation needs to be taken into consideration. Installing an extractor fan is the best option if you don't already have one, otherwise, you need to leave windows open until all moisture has evaporated. without this, even the best anti mould paints can't be guaranteed to work.

More details here:

//www.diynot.com/forums/decorating/mouldy-bathroom.296475/

Sponsored Links
Dulux Trade Mouldshield is regarded as one of the best by many on here but, as ever, the source of the mould must be sorted first. With bathrooms, etc, it is usually condensation that causes mould and ventilation needs to be taken into consideration. Installing an extractor fan is the best option if you don't already have one, otherwise, you need to leave windows open until all moisture has evaporated. without this, even the best anti mould paints can't be guaranteed to work.

More details here:

//www.diynot.com/forums/decorating/mouldy-bathroom.296475/[/QUOTE]

This is sound advice. I had a similar issue with my ensuite - the walls were completely tiled and ventilation was poor - I open the window each time I use the shower as the extractor installed isn't close enough to the shower and left it open for at least a few hours afterwards. My ceiling got pretty bad and had to strip back sections of it and re-skim before applying 2 coats of mould resistant paint. All good now! :)

bathroom ceiling is very serious problem to our house. it damages. thanks a lot to misterhelpful. you gave very good advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back