Painting all house walls - Cheap but decent solution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I have to repaint a 3 bedroom house over the next coupe of weeks.

Its a 60s box with plaster walls which are all currently emulsioned. I want to paint all the walls in one colour (probably a cream). Ceilings will all be white.

I normally just use paint from B&Q or similar and a cheap roller but with the amount I have to do I want to minimize the work and maximize the speed but still do a decent job. I haven't done a whole house quickly before so would appreciate recommendation especially from professionals on the best way of tackling it and what paint to use.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Anyone?

Especially recommendations for decent quality but reasonably priced paint.

Try Leyland or Johnstones paint. Both get good reviews, tho never used either in emulsion. The Leyland white get's very good reviews indeed and they are cheap.

Don't think tho you can cut corners - it's still going to take a while to do a decent job, no point being slap-dash coz end up looking terrible or having to do it again. At least having it all one colour will speed things up!

Sponsored Links
My father tried the leyland trade magnolia recently from screwfix and the coverage was terrible. I used dulux trade magnolia many years ago to paint a whole house and found it to be very good, not sure what its like these days.
I usually just go for the 10 litre crown white tubs in b and q for the ceilings.
Ive used the pro finish short pile rollers from wickes recently and find them very good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back