Painting Drydash Render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I wondered if anyone would be good enough to offer me some advice as a real novice DIY'er.

I have just moved in to a wee house and the garage has a dry dash finish as per the photo. Not so keen on it to be honest and wondered if i could paint it.

I apologise if this has been asked before. I just wanted to try and tie the advice to the exact dash i have before going out and buying all the stuff. Could be a costly mistake.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Coconut

PS this is my first post :)

Sponsored Links
Yes you can paint it. Go over it first with a stiff sweeping brush to remove any lose stones and dust. Then apply a fungicidal wash and leave for 24 hours before rinsing off with clean water. Fill any cracks with a good masonry filler like Toupret or use rapid set cement, stiff brush over filler just before it's fully dry to remove excess from surface. Apply a slightly thinned first coat followed by two full coats, job done.

My whole house is like that, and I am keen to paint it, obviously! Would a really shaggy roller and slightly thinned paint not get into all those little voids?

Is spraying an option?

Sponsored Links
Get yourself an Axus captain chunk roller, they're brilliant on these types of surfaces.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back