Painting garage walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new sectional detached garage built a couple of years ago and decided to board the inside out.
I used kingspan insulation on the roof, insulation sheeting on the insides of the metal doors and fitted moisture resistant chipboard on the walls.
This looked great but not there are signs of moisture (from before i started using a de-humidifier) and marks on the walls so i'm wanting to paint them white.
Reading on the net there seems to be no specific answer what type of paint to use on moisture resistant chipboard so i'm stuck?

Options are
to try a wood primer them acrylic paint and hope it look good?
or - go over chipboard with plywood sheets before painting them?

I don't want to have to paint several coats to get a nice finish so should i use the chipboard as i'm guessing it'll be easier to paint?

Pic of garage as it is now (22ft x x10ft)

Sponsored Links
don't see why you just don't roller it with a few coats of emulsion, it'll be done in no time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back