Paste Stains on Wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently had my hall papered and at first glance all looked good. However when you look in detail there are lots of paste stains in various places. Would anybody know of a good way of getting these off. I tried rubbing with warm water with a little washing up liquid but that doesn't work.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
I hope you got your money back from the numpty who hung the paper. Clearly not a professional.

You will not be able to remove the paste stains without damaging the wallpaper, (unless its a vinyl) if its that bad go back to the "Decorator" that did the job.
He should have cleaned the wallpaper off as he did the decorating.

I think it is a vinyl Bosswhite. It's a shame there isn't a way. I have sponged it with hot water to no avail. I just thought there might be a product that would lift the stains. Thanks for your reply.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a picture ? Generally paste wont stain wallpaper and any residue on the surface can be wiped off in the way you have tried. Is it on the surface or coming through from underneath ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back