Permanent Solution for Mould around the bath ?

Sponsored Links
Not a permanent solution, but have you tried HG Mould Spray?

It really does shift mould. If it doesn't come off immediately, leave some on the surface for half an hour or an hour, and you'll be surprised how much comes off.

How do I know? I'm cleaning the bathroom... :(

We had a real mould problem in our bathroom.

Ever since having it refitted, we use a squeegee and a microfibre flannel to wipe down and get the shower screen and the edges of the bath dry.

Yes it is a chore and takes a minute or two each time you shower, but the bathroom has been fitted for almost 5 years now and the sealant looks as good as new. I believe this is the only real permanent solution.

The other thing we do is put away all shower gel and shampoo bottles in a cupboard as leaving them on the edge of the bath tends to trap water and lead to mould.

Sponsored Links
Well ... I resealed all the bathrooms the other day, the only change I made was to bleach the seams after I took the seal off. I hope that will delay the onset of mould.

I have some lodgers here so they are not responsible enough to clean up after themselves. Unfortunately !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back