Satin paint ok in the bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just had a thought & i best ask it now else i'll forget...

The wife has started sanding, priming & painting the bathroom cabinet. Personally i like the light oak colour but she was insistent on white.

She's hit it with Crown solvent based undercoat & then crown non drip satin on top.

It dawned on me earlier though - is this such a good idea?

Reason i ask is, you get kitchen & bathroom paint. I'm guessing because of the condensation & such. So if painting this cabinet, should it be painted with some bathroom-specific paint because the satin will react in X-time to come, or is the satin perfectly fine for the bathroom?

EDIT: Why can't i say she's hit it, as in she has hit it?? And why is it grouping it together as 1 word so it's swearing when it's spaced out in my edit?

Sponsored Links
I have never had trouble with satin in a bathroom, unless it's in an area that gets splashed all the time and almost any paint will fail in that situation.
Doors skitings etc should be no problem. ;)

The kitchen and bathroom paints are emulsion paints for walls and ceilings, not trim paints (for woodwork) and are gimmicks, essentially.

Satinwood is fine for cabinets wherever they are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back