Sugar soap not rinsing off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says, I've cleaned the whole room with sugar soap, and during rinsing off no matter of many times I rinse I'm still getting residue, I've used wilko ready to use pre mixed sugar soap, I've used 2/3rds of a 500ml spray bottle on a 12ft by 11ft room so don't think I've used it excessively, am I likely to run into issues, if I don't get every bit off, or do it have to persevere till it's all gone, I will be emulsioning on top of existing emulsion if it's a case of every bit off or it will kill the paint I'll be here for days

Sponsored Links
You should try to get all the residue off, someone I know didn't do this properly, and his new paint had lots of little (well fairly big actually) bubbles all over, and looked dreadful.

Why did you use sugar soap, was there wallpaper paste to remove?

Many people here regard sugar soap a waste of time if the surface is already clean.

Yes there was wallpaper paste to remove, I've done my best to remove it all, hopefully my paint won't end up a disaster

I think that must be wallpaper paste residue. My stripped walls had a nasty slimy feel when wet, I just kept scrubbing them until they didn't and the paint is fine. Fortunately there was paint under the wallpaper. I actually used sugar soap but I think just elbow grease and changing your washing water frequently does the job better.

Sponsored Links
Yes there was wallpaper paste to remove, I've done my best to remove it all, hopefully my paint won't end up a disaster
Sugar soap isn`t for removing wallpaper paste :cry: Get a wallpaper removing liquid like Zinsser Dif - brilliant stuff that dissolves the glue

I mix my own sugar soap (from memory 1 capful/bucket of water) and reckon to have to rinse it five times to remove all the muck, but it turns out like new.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back