white emulsion but which one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some very rough ceilings to paint & the last time they were painted the matt emulsion I used, dulux I think, splattered like mad. I'm hoping someone would guide me with suggestions for a "thick ish" white matt I could use. there are so many out there & don't want to use one that is thin like water. thanks for your help :)

Sponsored Links
A microfibre roller sleeve will help as they hardly splatter at all. They are expensive so not a use once and chuck away job. White ceiling paint you cant beat johnstones covaplus

Sponsored Links
I find that rolling too fast with a lot of paint on the roller is the biggest reason for paint spatter. Slow and steady is my style. I see no end of 'snowmen' in the paint shop collecting paint, mind you, I may just now be old and slow!

Just another thought! if the ceilings are old textured, then the paint does collect on the points of the hanging texture finish, these then drip for some time even after you have moved on to another area of the ceiling, very annoying.

I have some very rough ceilings to paint & the last time they were painted the matt emulsion I used, dulux I think, splattered like mad. I'm hoping someone would guide me with suggestions for a "thick ish" white matt I could use. there are so many out there & don't want to use one that is thin like water. thanks for your help :)

One question at this time, when you say that the ceilings' are rough,are you speaking of a badly applied paint system, a textured coating, or some form of uneven substrate.

Dec

Not the crown 10l tubs at band q thats for sure....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back