wonkey wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am papering a hallway landing and stairwell I have plumb lined measured (twice cut once) but as I have gone around an exterior corner its all gone to pot. The paper is 3 year old Laura Ashley bamboo its been a nightmare to match in the corners (impossible really) and now its about 5/6 mil out at the bottom. I have another exterior corner to do before I am on the main wall there is only a limited amount of the paper left any suggestions on how I can get rid of the wonk in the wall paper anyone free in the Shropshire area to come and have a look willing to pay for this job to be finished as it a mare

Sponsored Links
Best thing to do is search on youtube 'how to paper round a corner'. It could be your technique or you've dropped the pattern, you have to plumb out of corners, you can't just wrap it round as it will never be straight.

Ah !!! The delights of hanging Laura Ashley Wallpaper :evil:

I have been hanging all types of wallpaper for over 25 years for customers but when they mention they have Laura Ashley Wallpaper I head for the hills.

Thank goodness that "Trendy phase" of the 80/90`s is almost over and done with . :evil:

You need to build up the corner of the wall until it's true I'm afraid.

Sponsored Links
Hi all thanks for the suggestions I looked on youtube but all they show is plain wallpaper and not pattern so its very different. ..think im gonna learn to be a bricklayer! I have never plumbed a corner and have no idea how you do it. How do you build the corner up without it looking strange and bulky??? sorry to ask so many questions

Thanks whiteboss howcome we didn't talk before I said id do this job. I have laura Ashley in my house as feature walls in most rooms and found it really easy to work with, hence my feeling it would be ok. lesson learnt NEVER again if its more than a feature wall its gonna be a definite NO!

Thanks whiteboss howcome we didn't talk before I said id do this job. I have laura Ashley in my house as feature walls in most rooms and found it really easy to work with, hence my feeling it would be ok. lesson learnt NEVER again if its more than a feature wall its gonna be a definite NO!

As you say its ok for a feature wall, but I found it got very thin when pasted and certainly not easy to work, long drops would stretch making the pattern match very difficult, IMO the cost of the roll of wallpaper outweighed the quality, havent used it for a couple of years or so, maybe the quality has improved.

Hey Bosswhite sorry about the change of name in my last reply! Yes the quality has improved but the paper im using is 3 years old so its very delicate when pasted and very prone to tearing as well Also found pattern matching was horrific so matched at the bottom so the miss match was at the top where not may eyes can see esp on long drops in the stairwell I was beginning to think my paperhanging skills had been stolen overnight by the D.I.Y norty fairy! :evil:
Thanks for the suggestions and support everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back