17th edition 2382 exam only?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am 16th edition qualified and need to do my 17th now. I have been told by my local college I need to do a 3 day course, I thought I could just do the exam. Anyone know what is the right answer on this? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I am in the same position - You need to find a college that will let you just sit the exam - It is not in their interest, so you will struggle.

I shall monitor this thread with interest!

Lectrcian, I'm in Devon too, and Petroc at Barnstaple is who I spoke to. Just googling some ideas.. Looks like there may be online courses you can do then go up to Bristol for he exam..

I have just gone back through my emails, and have the one from Petroc Barnstaple (very local to me).

Seems to be the cheapest I can find (after a quick google), but the course is four days, and that's a lot of time to be taking off for *nothing*. £385.

June 10th-13th is the next round at Barnstaple.

Sponsored Links
If you are a JIB gold card holder you can take the exam through the JIB

I believe the IET also offer an exam without the course but I have never checked it out

I believe the IET also offer an exam without the course but I have never checked it out
They used to.

But no more. http://electrical.theiet.org/courses/closure.cfm

I am in the same position -
Me too.

You need to find a college that will let you just sit the exam - It is not in their interest, so you will struggle.
An exam-only fee is better than no fee at all.

Have you tried talking to the Business Development Manager?

http://www.accesstraininguk.co.uk/electrical-courses/17-edition-exam-only

Spooke to these people today. Forgot to ask if it was the -10 or -12 exam, but by the sounds of it, I would need the -12, as -10 is now old hat? £120 exam only, based in Cardiff, exams held every Monday.. Will find out which exam it is, and then perhaps they may be the only option.

Anyone know of any practice papers online?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back