2D 16W with photocell & pin question

N

nobby1

Hi,

I am not familiar with the 2D lamps. A customer has 2D 2 pin fittings and has purchase two replacement lamps. He has asked me to replace the fittings as they are over 20 years old and one has failed due an internal photocell fault.
I have searched the web but can't find 2D 2 pin 16w that have photocells.

Does anybody know where I can find 2D fittings with photocell?

Also do 2D 2 pin lamps fit 2D 4 pin fittings?

Only useful answers please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I am not familiar with the 2D lamps.
Mot much of an electrician, are you.

About 130,000 results when I just searched.

Not every single one of those 130,000 is a link to an actual product, but some are.

IMO your customer would be better off getting someone who knows what he is doing.

Hi,

I am not familiar with the 2D lamps.
Mot much of an electrician, are you.

but I can type and I can find the ? key.

About 130,000 results when I just searched.

??? what a handy skill you have.

Not every single one of those 130,000 is a link to an actual product, but some are.

WOW! A very useful answer... basically you do not know the answer. Not very useful are you? Can't you find just one to show me?

IMO your customer would be better off getting someone who knows what he is doing.

You don't know again? Total failure.

1) Why are you claiming I wrote things which I did not?

2) Yes, I made a typo, but I think you should brush up your knowledge of English before criticising others.

3) Yes, I do know, and no, I am not a failure, but it is not my job to try and help you mask the fact that you're taking money from a customer under false pretences. Do the decent thing, and tell them that you can't do the job and they should get someone who can.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I am not familiar with the 2D lamps. A customer has 2D 2 pin fittings and has purchase two replacement lamps. He has asked me to replace the fittings as they are over 20 years old and one has failed due an internal photocell fault.
It is not clear whether you are asking for a 2D 2 pin lamp with photocell (do they actually exist?) or replacement photocell fittings for a 2D 2 pin (unlikely to be sold) or a replacement light unit - of which we have nothing to compare.

Here is a link to a replacement light unit
http://www.neweysonline.co.uk/newle...ncluded/1050368176/ProductInformation.raction
you will to speak to them for photocell version.

2 Pin lamps incorporate their own starter and are used with a magnetic ballast, directly in series with the lamp. When you change the lamp, the starter is changed too (as you have no choice).

4 pin lamps are basically a normal lamp folded. They work with magnetic ballasts, but require an external fluorescent starter, or they can be used with high frequency electronic control gear.

So.

2 pin - no starter, traditional ballast only.
4 pin - will have a starter unless high frequency type.

As for the photocell - If it doesn't have one.....

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLPS40.html
TLPS40.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back