Adding additional plug socket for wall mounted TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I wish to put a plug socket in a cupboard so that I can mount a tv on the other side of the wall to the cupboard and run the tv power cable through the wall.

There are some cables that run through the loft then down the plasterboard walls into existing sockets at various locations.

Can I simply cut into one of these cables in the loft and add the new cable via a junction box? Then join the original cable and new cable together so that they both work?

If so what type of junction box should I use?

Cheers R

Sponsored Links
If you can be certain that one is the ring main for example, you could terminate in an enclosure to either extend the ring or spur off.

Edit: Type of box. I'd use an Ashley push terminals box or a patress and use push fit terminals, such as the Wago ones.

I wish to put a plug socket in a cupboard so that I can mount a tv on the other side of the wall to the cupboard and run the tv power cable through the wall.
That's horrible.

Put the socket on the same side as the TV.

Sounds it but its very thin tv and the plug n socket would stick out too much as it on a wall in the bedroom. Just wanna be able to see tv, no wires etc and this is really the easiest option as i can come through wall with Ariel as well.

Sponsored Links
You could use an FCU with a flex outlet on the TV side, and an aerial outlet which is angled downwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back