Bathroom Extractor Fan Wiring Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what is the best way to wire a bathroom extractor fan, do take the power from the light rose straight to the fan or shall i have a fused spur from the light then to the fan.

which is safer and why.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Neither is 'safer'. It depends how you want it to work.

Also, the manufacturers instructions may require the use of a fuse although not electrically necessary.

Do you want it to come on with the light and has it a timer for over-run and/or a humidistat?

i would like it to come on when the light is on , it has no over run or humidity.

I want something that will stop the fan from catching fire if it gets stuck as believe most house fire are stared this way.

shall i use a 3amp fuse.

i would like it to come on when the light is on , it has no over run or humidity.
Then just connect the fan cable wires at the ceiling rose/fitting to the same terminals as the actual light bulb - plus earth, of course.
I want something that will stop the fan from catching fire if it gets stuck as believe most house fire are stared this way.
You will need a double-pole switched fused connection unit so that it will disconnect both live and neutral when you switch it off.
Place it on the wiring between the light and the fan.
shall i use a 3amp fuse.
Yes.

one of these

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back