Bathroom/Hall Light Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased a double light switch for my hall/bathroom lights. Not sure if it is the right one, as I know nothing about electrics. I could not get the same type as my old switch unit but I have attached a diagram of the old switch and a picture of the new switch. The Left hand switch if for the hall and the right hand switch is for the bathroom.

Could anyone help with this? Have I bought the right switch and if so how do I wire this?

Sponsored Links
You haven't shown us the photos!

Please edit your post and follow the instructions here //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129539

Thanks

Later...

I've peeked in your album.

The new and old ones are laid out a little differently but essentially they are in two halves. a bit like this

Each half is clearly marked

COM, L1 and L2.

Just move the wires across from one to the other, and you shouldn't go wrong....

Thanks for your reply.

I have attached another diagram in my album of how the wires may look after changing to the new switch. Could you check if this is correct, as I don't understand all the C and L1, L2 terms.

Sponsored Links
If the one way switch operates the wrong way round, just put the black wire in L1.

Found this configuration to work in the end, by swapping black wire from L2 to L1, so that both switches worked the same way.

Thanks for your help with this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back