Bathroom Light fitting 3 black wires 3 red

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this has already been covered I have read through but cannot find anything.
I am fitting a new bathroom ceiling light, current wiring is three red three black, i have a double insulated light as there is no earth. My concern is the original fitting had two balck wires (neutral) twisted together, the new fitting which is push in has two available holes for neutral wires, should i seperate the two black wires one into each hole or should they remain twisted, I assume if they stay twisted either hole is useable?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sorry the other black is the switch (red sleeved originally i beleive) so it's only the two on the neutral side i have the issue with

As long as the conductors are solid, you should have no problems pushing them into the terminals.

Just make sure all is switched off at the board as when you split the neutrals, one may go live!

If the conductors are stranded, you may need to twist them together before pushing them into the terminals.

Don't forget the heat resistant sleeving!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back