Can this motion sensor light be rewired?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have a motion sensor light in our bathroom, the light is rubbish and it is very difficult to get it to stay on for more than about 20 seconds, the sensor doesn't seem to pick up the area's we are mostly in such as the shower.

I have tried to adjust the time it stays on for which only briefly worked. What we'd like to do is bypass the motion sensor bit so it stays on once you turn on the switch. It is connected to 3 spotlights. I have taken a picture of the sensor with the cover removed below.

Just in case the pic isn't clear the two lives are split going into the two outside junctions, I'm sure I probably need to take off the next cover as well. Any ideas on how we can fix it?

Sponsored Links
Hi, by fix do you mean remove ? I would guess the two reds are l feed and switched live to the light, black would be neutral for the sensor? You could replace it with a ceiling rose depending on how close to is to the shower or bath.

If you remove it from the ceiling you may be able to seen the writing on the terminals which will help you identify whats what.

DS

I don't really want to remove it if possible, just bypass the motion sensor so when you turn the light on it stays on.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

That's not a problem if you can read the markings on the terminals on the sensor. If you can provide that then it should be very straightforward.

Do you have standard light switch which controls the light from outside the bathroom ?

Kind regards,

DS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back