Changeover switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
Hopefully my image will show when i post this!!
All i ask is that is what i have drawn feasable,
At this stage not concerned about alternatives, earthing issues, or anything else,
Would just like to know if this is a simple way of powering a set of buildings through alternate meters.

Many thanks
Russell

View media item 51235

Sponsored Links
Hello all
Hopefully my image will show when i post this!!
All i ask is that is what i have drawn feasable,
At this stage not concerned about alternatives, earthing issues, or anything else,
Would just like to know if this is a simple way of powering a set of buildings through alternate meters.

Many thanks
Russell

View media item 51235

Simply? No.

Sponsored Links
What thread, and what post on that thread.

The instalation is existing up to Dis board 1 and dis board 2

Each supply to the changeover switch and to outbuildings rcd protected
Distribution in buildings is further rcd protected (i use the word further, even though it does not nessissarily other FURTHER protection)

As i duck and dive onto this forum whilst supposingly doing work, I was unaware that my previous thread was still getting replies..
I can see that now, But ow gawd its gone way of the track of original query.
Russell

I can see that now, But ow gawd its gone way of the track of original query.
It has gone way of track because you want a "simple" solution but for this there is no simple and safe way.

A change-over switch MUST ensure that both live and neutral from one supply are fully disconnected before either of the other live and neutral are connected. If Live A and Neutral B are connected to the shed circuits then RCDs will be tripped.

Or, worse, if one house CU has been turned off, and the switch does a make before break then it will, albeit briefly but that can be enough to kill, have its installation energised via the other house.

This is the changeover switch that i was proposing to use
its obviously got an off position so would imagine there is no chance of any problem??
View media item 51249

Klockner - Moeller 63Amp generator changeover switch with integral 60Amp fuse and holder.

Hello, can anybody hear me ?

You have been told it would not be wise to feed a switch with two different domestic supplies !

As you don't get on, who would be responsible for it ?
Where would it go so you can both access it ?
As has been said before what's to stop him (or you) switching it over to 'steal' electricity when one or other of you is out ?

Please listen to what you have been told !

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
From your previous postings, it is evident that you are not concerned about anything anyone says, as you have completely ignored the answers to everything else you asked about.

Stop wasting everyone's time and just go and do whatever you have already decided to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back