Changing Batten LaMp Holder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i need some help in changing a batten lamp holder, though it would be easy as there is only a red and black cable going into it. But i think i havee brought the wrong one as i got a loop in one and connected the cable but it does not work? Which one should i get a non looped in?

I have attached a picture

Sponsored Links
YOU DIDN'T SAY YOU SENT A PHOTO ON YOUR PROFILE.

IGNORE EARLIER ADVICE AS IT'S NOW OBVIOUSLY INACCURATE.

One of those terminals in the picture will be a loop terminal. The other two terminals connect to the two pins on the lampholder which make contact with the lamp (bulb).

You need to connect the live and neutral to the terminals that connect to the lampholder pins.

Either way round, unless the terminals are marked.

From your picture, it would APPEAR you have wired it correctly, so it should work.

EDITED FOR TALKING ABOUT A MODERN CEILING ROSE TYPE LOOP-IN BATTENHOLDER.

sorry the picture is of the one want to change.

I connected the new one to the terminals (not using the looped one) and it does not work?

Right!!!

Is your new batten holder the 'ceiling rose type', with three brass connectors in a row along the middle?

If so, earth wire(s) go in the seperate the earth terminal.

The brass terminal at the end of the row with two holes is for the live from the ceiling, and the live flex from the lampholder.

The middle brass terminal block gets left empty.

The brass terminal at the other end is for the neutral from the ceiling, and the neutral flex from the lampholder.

You'll have to send a photo of the new battenholder if I have misunderstood you.

Seems strange you can't get it to work, so let us know.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys thank for the help

All fixed the bulb was also faulty as only worked in a certain position, from where it had been knocked so all fixed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back