Cowboy Trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today's episode ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sy3v8/Cowboy_Trap_Series_2_Norths/ ) features a badly installed sink and toilet.

I feel really sorry for the clients and the work is awful and the way they were treated despicable, but I don't think from a POV of the BGB there is an issue.

Everybody in the programme keeps referring to the room as a bathroom. I understood the builder WAS going to put a shower in, but that never happened. But, all the officials involved in the programme seem to think that putting a sink opposite a consumer unit is a big no-no, is incredibly dangerous and would never have passed building regulations.

Have they never heard of electrics in kitchens??

I think the BBC (and the officials especially) have made right t*ts of themselves in this programme.

What do you think?

Watch 14:58 onwards and 17:42 onwards.

Sponsored Links
Forgot to add: on the basis of what the officials told them, the builders ripped out the toilet and basin & returned the room to how it was before...

I think the BBC (and the officials especially) have made right t*ts of themselves in this programme.
They frequently do that.

What do you think?
Well, it's an entertainment programme made by people who know nothing of the subject being advised by people who should know, but don't.

My favourite - 'never assume those in charge know what they are doing'.

The BBC (other channels are even worse) has dumbed down dreadfully in the past years and I don't understand why.

Panorama and Horizon are just drivel now presented by children - I know I'm old but....

Radio 4 still has serious programmes with people who are obviously intelligent and can speak properly.

I thought recently about writing a fake job application asking to be a continuity announcer.
I intended to include the plea that unfortunately I am a man but I do have a speech impediment and a startlingly loud squeaky voice with a very exaggerated northern accent so I may be acceptable.

P.s nothing against northern accents but there baint no announcers frum down yer is ther?

Sponsored Links
Noting wrong with it at all. I particularly enjoyed the BCO man saying lots of electrical type words to make it sould like he knew what he was on about. :LOL:

Nothing wrong with it at all.

Quaint Yorkshire sarcasm. ;)

I have never shouted at my telly before.

Think Mrs Secure thought I was finally losing it* when I started hollering!

*Actually, I lost my marbles years ago, but don't tell her that...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back