Doorbell transformer - which wire where?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm installing a new doorbell transformer and the instructions say to connect the brown wire to the "L" terminal and the blue wire to the "N" terminal.

Obviously this is pretty normal BUT the actual transformer does not have an "L" or an "N" terminal marked, not very helpful! See below picture.

View media item 37702
As you can see, there is a sticker with some arrows on it so I assume that those are telling me which wire to put where? (I've also peeled this off and there are no "L" or "N" markings under it either).

I've attached the brown wire to the "220-240v" side and the blue to the "10w" side but I'm yet to turn the electricity back on for fear of having done it wrong and causing myself a mischief.

Does this look correct to you guys? Is this how you would have done it?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You have put the wires in the right places. But you should re-do the neutral ( blue ) so that there is no bare copper exposed.

No worries. Thanks for letting me know, I will re-do the blue cable and get it up and running.

Thanks again. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back