Electrical Advice Required...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, first time post so go easy...

I was hoping someone could confirm either way for me if it is possible for me to install a 3AMP Fused Spur onto my existing lighting circuit on the permanent feed?

The lighting circuit is protected by a 6A Type B MCB and the current max load is approx 620W. I wish to add the spur for an Aqualisa Shower, which at maximum load will be at 150W.

The reason I cannot use the 32A Ring Main is because I physically cannot come off an existing socket as the closest is already feeding another socket/spur.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Google says the shower is 8.5kW! I believe this needs a dedicated feed to be done properly. Can the spurred socket not be removed or turned into a ring? Like I say though,probably should be a dedicated circuit.

Yes you can use a spur from the lights.

You should mark up the spur to clearly state max 3A fuse and its use.

What's the data cable for?

Sponsored Links
The data cable is from the processor to the button of the shower for off/on/temp change.

Changing my bathroom light to 4No. LEDs (IP65!) so should also reduce the consumption.

Google says the shower is 8.5kW! I believe this needs a dedicated feed to be done properly. Can the spurred socket not be removed or turned into a ring? Like I say though,probably should be a dedicated circuit.
"Probably"?

Please don't say you thought there might be a chance that an 8.5kW shower could be put onto a ring final.... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back