Fuse on a Baxi Solo 2

csj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Solo 2 60 RS Balanced Flue central heating boiler which I think has blown a fuse following my incorrect attempt to install a remote room thermostat.

The pilot light is still lit but the boiler does not fire up. The fuse in the mains switch is OK so the fault lies somewhere between that and the boiler.

I would like to replace the 3 amp fuse that is somewhere in the boiler but I'm unable to locate it. The circuit diagram shows it somewhere between the mains supply and the boiler thermostat but I can't see it.

Does anybody know where this 3 amp fuse is located and is it a simple job to replace it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Theres a fuse on the PCB on my parents Baxi Solo2 PF.

I had to replace it after the pump shorted out.

The PCB is part of the grey panel where the wiring and controls are. It sort of slides out.

• Thanks
Reactions: csj
Found that it was a 13A fuse in a switch leading to the boiler - so am mighty relieved for the moment. Now have to figure how to wire this remote Celect room thermostat to control my pump (which is what my current non-remote one does quite nicely).

The room stat shouldnt control the pump.

The stat should be connected to the coil of the heating zone valve, then the switch in the zone valve should be fed to the switched live on the boiler.

The pump should be connected directly to the boiler PCB with no switches in the path, as the boiler has a pump overrun function which helps cool it down when it shuts down.

Sponsored Links
Change out the fault fuse and drop down in size. You might need to refer to the mi's instructions, but I'd think a 3A is more suitable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back