fused spur info

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need guidance please I am having a new bathroom fitted with a zaccui bath that needs a 13amp fused RCD spur plus underfloor heating which also needs a spur.... only power close by is a socket can 2 spurs be taken from the back of that socket?
the bathroom fitter is saying no problem.... any advice would be appreciatted.... Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is that socket part of a ring final, or is is already a spur.

That is important information.

If its part of the ring then the two FCUs should be installed as extensions of the ring. Getting four x 2.5mm² conductors into one terminal on the back of a socket just isn't going to happen - let alone the congestion in the back box.

Ignore anything bathroom fitters or anybody says regarding electrical stuff unless they are qualified to pronounce an opinion on it.

socket is part of the ring main not a spur...
think they were thinking of taking a cable from back of socket to a junction box... I gess then 2 feeds one for the bath and second to the floor heating.

That is not a permitted method.

Surely there is a registered electrician carrying out the work to provide the supply for the electrified bath and the electric flooring.??
Don't tell me its the bathroom fitter.

This is notifiable work and i would not want to be in that bath or standing on your bathroom floor given the quality of advice that you have had, up to date.

Sponsored Links
will check with company dealing with tomorrow what should I be asking for? or checking what they will do...
I am guessing about detail except they did say "we can spur off the socket for the bath and floor"
most of all how do I check if the guy doing the electric is fully qualfied?

most of all how do I check if the guy doing the electric is fully qualfied?

You ask him for sight of his C&G certificates (plus photo ID in case he's showing you his mate's)

AND

You ask him for detail of his employer's registration scheme for the purposes of Part P of the Building Regulations, and check the scheme membership is current on the scheme's website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back