Help! Changing tridonic ballast but wiring diagram different

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a replacement ballast for a twin lamp thinking I could just swap the wires over. However, the wiring diagram on the case uses a different symbol and I suspect the wires should go in in a different order.

The original ballast had numbers 1,2,3,6,7,8 and the wires going in were Red, Yellow, Orange, Orange, Yellow, Red.

//media.diynot.com/211000_210970_68830_85579794_thumb.jpg

The new one is numbered 11,12,13,14,15,16

//media.diynot.com/211000_210970_68831_54089946_thumb.jpg

As you can see in the pix, the diagram is different.

Can someone tell me which wires go into which holes.

(I tried working it out with a continuity meter from the inputs to the outs but the old one was dead except for one terminal)

Any help would be appreciated - thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Seriously? Its exactly the same, just transpose the numbers

I realised that it could be that simple, but looking at the diagram it seemed to me (as a non-diagram reader) that the two outside terminals on the old one were common but that the inner ones on the new one were the equivalent.

Glad to be reassured. Better to ask a daft question than to risk it going kaput, and maybe me with it!

Thanks again for your reply!

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/posting.php#ixzz2kNJWTDUv

Sponsored Links
Well, the reason I had posted the pix was in the hopes that any answer would have been based on the actual units. I have discovered that thenballast I was sold was for completely different tubes. Hence the completely different looking wiring diagram.

I've now obtained the exact replacement unit, so the wiring is the same.

So, if anyone finds this in the archive, if it isn't the same...it isn't the same!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back