Induction Hob and Double Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

I am upgrading my kitchen and installing an induction hob and separate double oven. The question is should I run 2 supplies? I have space in my fuse box for 2 additional RCBs. I would use double pole switches in the kitchen without built in sockets. I have no cooker supply at present.

The cable length to get from fuse box to kitchen would be 25m.

The induction hob is 7.2kw
The double oven is 4.9kw

Thanks and any advise appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
you would have to take into account diversity, volt drop, load, size of cable where the cable is run and cable protection also the connection at your fuse board. you said rcb's did you mean mcb's or rcd's. if there is no supply at all then it's quite a big job for diy

Sorry never saw that mcb's

I am competent installing everything but unsure about working out cable sizes.

A 'usual' 32A mcb and suitable cable - depending on the installation method (6mm² as long as it does not run through ANY thermal insulation) - will be sufficient for your oven and hob.

I would recommend that one cable is better as then you have only ONE switch for disconnection of both oven and hob in an emergency rather than have to think of which one it is to operate.

Sponsored Links
if you don't know what cables or cable to use then my advice would be to get some local electricians round and ask them to do the calculations for you. then ask if you could run the recommended cable from the consumer unit to the isolators then to the hob and cooker to save them doing the dog work then have them come back to connect up and test everything that way you can save some money and have the correct installation. make sure to get more than 1 quote

Thanks that is what I was looking for.

It will not run through or be in contact with any form of insulation. 6mm cable, 32amp mcb, 32amp double pole switch and double appliance outlet it is then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back