induction hob and electric double oven circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just thinking of purchasing this double oven

[url]http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Buil...NW70DOSS-Built-under-Oven/342220#askandanswer[/url]

and this induction hob

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Electric-B...P-U-Electric-Built-in-Hob/608912#askandanswer

Hob is rated at 7kw ,and oven is rated at 5.9kw ..so a total of 12.9kw .

Total amperage is 56amp .

I have a ccu without a socket on ,my consumer unit protection for the cooker circuit is 32amps.

If i apply diversity for both combined then the current is 23.82 amps.

Now some say that applying diversity to an induction hob is different ,but when speaking to an appliance installer (mainly cookers) he says diversity is ok even though there is a boost option the hob will never reach full power .

I am thinking of connecting the hob to the cooker outlet plate with 6mm T&E and also connecting the oven to the same cooker outlet plate using 6mm T&E but swapping out my outlet plate for a dual outlet plate to accommodate both the cables.

Cooker is no more than 2m away from ccu.

What do you guys think.? p.s by the way the oven will be under worktop with hob above.

Sponsored Links
JI am thinking of connecting the hob to the cooker outlet plate with 6mm T&E and also connecting the oven to the same cooker outlet plate using 6mm T&E but swapping out my outlet plate for a dual outlet plate to accommodate both the cables
That's it.

No need to change anything else.

Thanks thought it should be ok. :)

@riveralt that is the plate i have ordered thanks . :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back