Logic HAC8-63 AC Contactor 40A

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

i am installing a contactor onto a underfloor heating system but i am having problems with this

i have put the supply into A1 and A2 then the top numbers 1 3 5 7 and the bottom 2 4 6 8 i have been told that if i supply matts live on the odd numbers and Netural on evens numbers but i could not get a supply to the numbers does it need a bridge ?

thanks alot

Mark

Sponsored Links
im slightly confused for example i have 2 matts going on the supplied by a 4mm cable are you saying to use 1,3 as L and N the cable which goes back to the stat in A1 and A2 and then 2,4 as the first matt and 6,8 as the second matt ?

A contacter is like a 4 gang switch

It switches between
1 and 2
3 and 4
5 and 6
7 and 8
if nothing is connected to one side odd numbers then nothing will come out the relevant even number

A1 and A2 are just the coil live and neutral which basically switches the contacter on and off, presumably from the stat

Sponsored Links
ok i see i think

do i bridge between the odd numbers from A1 so that will supply the even number and what ? connector block the neturals? sorry if this sounds stupid but im so used to house bashing that contactors are a new area for me

The switched live from your control circuit to A1
Neutral for the control circuit to A2

Heat mat one:
Live feed for the heat mat to terminal 1
Neutral feed for the heat mat to terminal 3
Live out to the heat mat to terminal 2
Neutral out to the heat mat to terminal 4

Heat mat two:
Live out to the heat mat to terminal 6
Neutral out to the heat mat to terminal 8

If you are feeding heat mat two from it's own circuit then:
Live feed for the heat mat to terminal 5
Neutral feed for the heat mat to terminal 7

If you are feeding heat mat two from the same circuit as heat mat one then:
Install a link between terminals 1 and 5
Install a link between terminals 3 and 7

ok i see i think

do i bridge between the odd numbers from A1 so that will supply the even number and what ? connector block the neturals? sorry if this sounds stupid but im so used to house bashing that contactors are a new area for me
Hope this is useful
View media item 42105I don't know this particular contactor so A1 & A2 may not be in the location shown, they are the coil so are not polarity sensitive.
Ideally 1 & 5 would have separate breakers.
Please ensure 7 & 8 have the same rating as the others, on some brands it's a lower rating.

I would concur with using two contactors, one per mat, with disable switches in series with coils. This will make isolation of individual mats very easy should one of them fail and trip the RCD allowing the other to operate when the defective on is disabled. It also makes fault finding easier.

But when working on the system ensure safe isolation and DO NOT rely on the contactor, when dis-abled, being open for safe isolation.

I would concur with using two contactors, one per mat, with disable switches in series with coils. This will make isolation of individual mats very easy should one of them fail and trip the RCD allowing the other to operate when the defective on is disabled. It also makes fault finding easier.

But when working on the system ensure safe isolation and DO NOT rely on the contactor, when dis-abled, being open for safe isolation.

I did not include isolators etc initially as I assumed this will be put in place.
This is the minimum I would install
View media item 42112but would more likely fit individual contactors [and stats? depending on area covered]
View media item 42113

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back