memera 2000 shower installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for a bit of advice, I'm looking for a mem rcbo to cover a 10.8kw mira vie shower, now the manual states a 45 amp fuse for the 10.8kw, thats for a 240v supply. The uk is 240v, so 45 amp it is. I'm using about a 4 metre cable run at 10mm, of which about half will be behind plasterboard. Memera dont do 45 amp rcbos for some reason, so i'm looking at either a 40 amp or 50 amp, and i would think 50 amp would be the way to go, but then again, dont these CU fuses usually take a good bit more current than there rated capacity before they blow ? i've seen quotes they can take 1.8 times more than there capacity, which would make me think maybe the 40 amp rcbo would be better suited. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, why does memera, or eaton, not do a 45 amp rcbo ? Is it that these boards are outdated, it seems kind of strange given theres a lot of these boards around, and there not exactly ancient. I mean i want to follow the shower manufacturers specs, but that is impossible to do.

Sponsored Links
One way round the problem, is to use a B50 breaker to feed a separate one way consumer unit which is (B45 breaker compatible), complete with 30mA RCD as a switch - the safest and easiest way to solve the problem.
Using a separate RCD and B45 breaker may be better, as the RCD gives double pole isolation, and may be more economical too. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back