MIRA ELECTRICAL SHOWER- ATL ADVANCE THERMOSTATIC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have Mira Advance 8.7 ATL Shower fitted on 20 th Jan 2009.
The Mira ATL has worked fine all these years (as is only used when our grandchild visits us once every school holidays). Recently it stopped to "Bleep" with "NO lights working" on the cover when the Mains is activated using a pull cord switch.
Checked and the AC current does reach the shower.
There is NO burnt smell any where under the cover.
Checked the flow valves with a meter and it reads 8.97 ohms,
The 13 connector cable is fine.
PCB visually looks fine.

Any help and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked for voltage at the pull cord isolator?
and what did you use to check with originally?

Thank a lot,
I used a multi meter to check the AC current and even used an "orthodox" method touching live & neutral with a cable connected to a 40 Watts bulb in a bulb holder to confirm that the Bulb worked.

Did you check voltage at both supply and load side of isolator, with isolator closed/on.
Using both neutral and earth as reference against the line/live conductor?
If so results please.

Sponsored Links
Did you check voltage at both supply and load side of isolator, with isolator closed/on.
If so results please.

Thank you once again,
I will check it and report to you.

I managed to check the voltage. supply lead with isolator on/ and off and the reads 237volts and the positive and earth reads "0"

If so results please.

Thank you once again,
I will check it and report to you.

I managed to check the voltage. supply lead with isolator on/ and off and the reads 237volts and the positive and earth reads "0"

You should be reading 237v between live & neutral on the supply side of the switch(cable in) & 237v at the load side of the switch(cable out to the shower) & also 237v between live & earth on both with the switch in the on position. If this is the case & you are still not reading the same voltage at the shower then you must have a bad connection at the switch. Look for a loose screw or burnt wire or terminal.

You should be reading 237v between live & neutral on the supply side of the switch(cable in) & 237v at the load side of the switch(cable out to the shower) & also 237v between live & earth on both with the switch in the on position. If this is the case & you are still not reading the same voltage at the shower then you must have a bad connection at the switch. Look for a loose screw or burnt wire or terminal.

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.... I have followed your instructions.
Am reading 240 volts between live & neutral on both sides of the "switch" in ON position and 240 volts between live & earth on both sides of the Switch.
Am also reading 240 volts on the Live & neutral "connector block" to the "circuit board" fitted in the Shower.

Totally confused!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back