Mira Sport 9kw has stopped working.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I see someone else posted a similar topic here, but there was no answer found, so;

The power light is lit, but lowly and flickering, when I push the "Start" button the power light goes out and no water comes out - nothing happens. This is the same regardless of settings selected with the shower controls.

I have checked the connections in the double pole isolator switch and inside the shower itself, some were tightened but I could find no evidence of sparking/corrosion/burning etc.

This model doesn't have a pcb. I'd really appreciate opinions on this, or it's going to have to be a case of calling Mira out at considerable cost.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
OK, good thing this has been moved to electrics, after some investigation with the help of members of the forum above, it looks like this is an electrical problem and I'll need to call an electrician out.

At the isolator switch the incoming cable is only showing 190v.

What could be causing this? I mean am I right in saying something else before the isolator must be providing resistance to knock the voltage down? I just can't imagine what that would be.

Anyway, many thanks for all the assistance here.

Sponsored Links
Somewhere you've got a dodgy connection. Needs to be found, as a high resistance joint will dissipate a lot of heat - could start a fire.

At the isolator switch the incoming cable is only showing 190v.

Are you measuring voltage on the terminal screws or directly on the end of the wires? Do the terminal screws look in good condition? No signs of discoloring,burning etc. Are the screws in contact with the copper and not on the insulation of the wires?

What could be causing this? I mean am I right in saying something else before the isolator must be providing resistance to knock the voltage down?

In normal circumstances there should be no joints form the consumer unit to the switch. The only other connection will be at the consumer unit in the circuit breaker or fuse. Have you checked this?

Also is the cable in the consumer unit the same size and colours as the corresponding cable in the pull switch?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back