Motion sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having connected power to my motion sensor I cannot get any power from the "Lout" terminal. Is this a fault with the sensor or am I doing something wrong

Sponsored Links
Having connected power to my motion sensor I cannot get any power from the "Lout" terminal. Is this a fault with the sensor or am I doing something wrong

your post is slightly vague , for help Id suggest advising us exactly how you have wired it i.e. what cables you have at the sensor and where you have wired too..a pic can be useful too...

It's a Kanlux Merge JQ-O sensor with three terminals. Lin, N and Lout. I have connected the positive and negative leads from the power supply to the Lin and N terminals respectively but the Lout terminal remains dead.

Sponsored Links
It's a Kanlux Merge JQ-O sensor with three terminals. Lin, N and Lout. I have connected the positive and negative leads from the power supply to the Lin and N terminals respectively but the Lout terminal remains dead.

you need a cable in l out which would be a switch live to the light ....

generally when wiring sensors due to the limited space for cables you would take a 3 core and earth flex/pvc t&e , the 3 cores would be switch live lout, permanent live l in and Neutral N...

You are not completing the circuit.

The sensor Lin/Lout terminals act as the switch.
If you are using T&E then the brown cable supply live should go in the Lin
and the blue cable supply neutral should go to the N.
The T&E leaving the sensor going to the light should be wired brown load live to Lout and blue load neutral to the N terminal.
So two blues in the neutral.

I have connected the positive and negative leads from the power supply to the Lin and N terminals respectively

I am assuming this is a 230V AC (mains) powered device?

If so, please note that there are no positive and negative connections in AC circuits. You'll find positive and negaive in DC devices like batteries and torches.

In AC (alternating current) your connections will be live (aka line) and neutral (plus an earth connection, of course).

EDIT: More thoughts.
How are you testing that no power is at the Lout teminal. You need to check between Lout and Neutral using a test meter. Also check you really do have power in on the L and N terminals, again, using a test meter.

Another thought. Your detector will not work in daylight unless you move the LUX adjustment to the "Sun" position. If its on Moon then nothing will happen until its dark!

I think taylor two cities has hit the nail on the head, It was my first thought. if the lux is not set to the sun position then there will be no voltage to the L out.

Edit bit about tape. long day

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back