PIR recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a good quality PIR for outdoor use.

I've had good and bad ones in the past (poor sensitivity and ones which only last a year).

To be able to drive 3 floodlights (already fitted sometime ago). Do they make PIRs upto 1500W or only 1200W ?

To have a conduit entry at the top.

Looking to buy at least 2.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Clipsal infrascan are the best external PIRs. Ever. No Contest.

They dont have top conduit entry, but you could adapt your conduit with an end box with a stuffin gland in the lid.

do your local building control accept such high power flood lighting. It may not be residential but please check

Sponsored Links
Take no notice of swampy.

Basically there are cheaper, better looking black PIRs on the market, but it depends what you want.

I've got a clipsal PIR at home. It has been up 10 years and is still going stong. It also quite happily picks you up from 10m away.

I've also got a steinel PIR on the front of the garage. It was fitted at about the same time as the clipsal. It has gone faulty and been replaced, and now the replacement has recently packed up too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back